Workshop: C-ATM Course 2 – Consumer Privacy and Data Security
Hone your professional marketing, communication, and management skills with the Certificate in Addiction Treatment Marketing (C-ATM). This certificate program is the first of its kind, and an industry difference maker, setting the national standard for addiction treatment marketers.
The C-ATM is a comprehensive program of study, addressing the most important topics with which new and experienced addiction treatment marketers should be familiar. Through participation in this program, you will:
- Learn best practices and practical tips from renowned legal and industry experts
- Gain knowledge and experience that differentiates you and improves your practice
- Earn a widely respected credential that sets you apart from the competition
The C-ATM is comprised of six comprehensive courses, offered in person and online. The six courses can be taken in any order, and a mixture of online learning and live workshops are acceptable for completing the C-ATM.
In Course 2: Consumer Privacy and Data Security, you examine the fundamental questions, "What are consumer privacy and data security?" and "Why are they so important?"
In this course, you will analyze key principles and best practices related to:
- Consumer privacy and data security
- Patient authorization and consent
- Privacy and communications compliance
- Federal laws health privacy and security laws
- State health privacy and security laws
- Collecting and using patient information
- Breaches and security incidents
- Risks and benefits of social media
You will explore key consumer privacy and data security issues, like patient authorization and consent, compliant communications, and how to address security breaches, through the lens of federal and state health privacy and security laws. You also consider the legal and ethical ramifications of collecting and using patient information for marketing purposes, including the unique challenges presented by today's social media landscape.
MBA, LAADC, C-ATM
Andrew Martin is the Chief Operating Officer at Behavioral Health Association of Providers.
Andrew's extensive experience in the addiction treatment industry dates back to 2005 and includes founding and operating Serene Scene Magazine, a monthly magazine with a circulation approaching 30,000 subscribers. He also launched The Evolution of Addiction Treatment Conference, developed LocateTreatment.com, and spearheaded Serene Center, a 36-bed transitional sober living and outpatient treatment facility for those in early recovery.
Register Online Here