Counselor is the magazine for addiction and behavioral health professionals. It's a national peer-reviewed publication that blends the in-depth information often found in journals with the ease-of-read and style of a magazine.
The magazine has a circulation of 40,000+ addiction treatment professionals, including:
- criminal justice personnel
- clinical supervisors
- mental health counselors
Professionals depend on Counselor to sharpen their clinical skills and fine-tune their critical thinking. Counselor provides the vital components necessary to enhance or create a successful practice and to improve the lives of clients whom clinicians serve. A proven and valuable resource for educational facilities —- Counselor serves as part of the curricula at many Midwestern and Northeastern colleges and universities.
Counselor's reputation as the gold-standard in the addiction field has been earned by its editorial excellence. A distinguished editorial board of advisors ensures that its content is current, accurate, and relevant to readers' needs. In-depth feature articles, how-to advice, news, and information columns have a positive impact on clinicians' lives and the clients they serve. Counselor has a proven track record with readers as the go-to reputable reference. It provides thorough, up-to-date information in an easy-to-read style that translates into:
- increased knowledge
- enhanced clinical skills
- renewed passion for the profession
- strengthened personal recovery
As the official magazine of BHAP, members at the Peer Recovery and Individual levels get a free subscription to Counselor as a benefit.
Counselor Magazine now has an international job board.
- Free for employers and candidates
- Search by location or job interest
- Employers and get their job post featured at the top of searches for a fee
- Candidates can create a full profile for recruiters to view
- Employers can search candidate listings to for recruitment
- More features and options than ever!