Webinar: The Impact of Toxic Stress
- Date Recorded: July 22, 2020
- Presenter: Dr. Gregory Williams
- Length: a little under 1 hour
- Price: $50.00 (Members receive 50% discount)
Members Login | Join BHAP
- Questions/Concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org | 888-958-2282
Research shows the impact of toxic stress on the development of the brain in children and how to build resiliency in children to help overcome that trauma.
This webinar helps the audience get a good understanding of the overwhelming impact of toxic stress and ACEs in the lives of the majority of the children today. It gives the audience tools on how to deal with toxic stress in children and how to better understand their behaviors and needs. The session also gives the audience a game plan on how to build an environment of emotional safety for the child and teach them keys on building resiliency in the child.
The learning points for the webinar are:
- Identify the different toxic stress factors in so many children’s lives.
- Develop an understanding on how best to deal with survivors that have experienced toxic stress.
- Examine a trauma-informed approach to help build resiliency in children.
Dr. Gregory Williams
Dr. Gregory Williams is on the senior leadership team at Baylor College of Medicine located in Houston, Texas. He has a PhD in counseling and is a well-known speaker/teacher. He is the author of Shattered by the Darkness: Putting the Pieces Back Together after Child Abuse.
He travels the country speaking to thousands of people on child abuse, the aftermaths of abuse, and the importance of the Adverse Childhood Experiences. He has a live radio program each Sunday evening called Breaking the Silence with Dr. Gregory Williams that is heard by over 1.6 million listeners each week.
Links of Note
The webinar mentioned our COVID-19 Resources for Behavioral Health. This is a list of resources for those in the behavioral health industry that are connected to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Finally, in the Q&A section, the website for FindTreatment.gov was put into the chat.