Webinar: How to Identify and Reduce Your Legal and Compliance Risk: Part IV — Business Risk
- Date Recorded: January 29, 2018
- Presenters: Walter H. Boone and Scott Andress
- Length: about 1 hour
- Contact: email@example.com | 888-958-2282
- Price: $50.00 (Members receive 15% discount)
Members Login | Join BHAP
- Questions/Concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org | 888-958-2282
Alcohol and drug treatment centers save lives. But legal and compliance risk threatens your ability to perform your calling. Ignoring that risk can stunt your growth, put you out of business, or worse, land you in jail. To reduce your legal and compliance risk, you must first know what that risk is. Treatment centers today face legal and compliance risk from many different areas. Assessing and reducing that risk requires a multi-disciplinary approach and expertise in all of the areas where you face risk.
Balch & Bingham LLP is a full-service law firm uniquely situated to advise treatment centers in all of the areas where they face risk. In this series of webinars, they present speakers from its different practice groups in the major topic areas of legal and compliance risk affecting treatment centers, including:
- Payment risk
- Statutory and regulatory risk
- Labor & employment risk
- Business risk
In Part IV of this series, Balch & Bingham LLP partners Walter Boone and Scott Andress outline the risks treatment centers face in the business and real estate arena. In this webinar, you will learn some basic information about:
- Key real estate issues that treatment centers should focus on;
- Zoning and how it can impact treatment centers;
- Financial and formation issues treatment centers need to know about;
- Importance of audits and reliable financial statements; and
- Key provisions which treatment centers need in their formation documents.
At the conclusion of the webinar, you will be able to start your own inventory in this area and get into action with tools and resources to reduce your business and real estate risk.
Walter H. Boone
Walter H. Boone is a trial lawyer with more than twenty five years of experience in litigation, and leads Balch & Bingham’s multi-disciplinary team focused on the alcohol and drug treatment industry.
Scott Andress is a corporate and transactional attorney with Balch & Bingham LLP, with a focus on regulated industries. Scott is skilled in general corporate and transactional work, including business organization, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing transactions, and commercial real estate.